Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Right Stuff

I am hopeful this will be an ongoing effort to inspire change, bolster good habits and provide helpful suggestions.  It certainly is not because I think myself better suited to do so than others, but instead because I have some very simple approaches to life, approaches I feel really work.  I know how the body works and advocate straight forward concepts for its maintenance.  A life of 40 years is many years by some accounts and merely a youngster by others, it is nonetheless enough to have garnered some learning as well as experience.

I intend as far as I am capable to keep my posts relatively short, as I myself dislike lengthy discourses.  My time is as precious to me as yours is to you.  So. . .

The way I have decided to begin my posting is with a brief summary of my philosophy and approaches to overall heath and well-being.  I am most certainly a believer in interconnectedness.  What I mean by that is each of us is made up of our physical, mental/emotional and spiritual selves, and the connections between those categories of self are inextricable.  One undoubtedly depends on the other, no one of them is above the other and each is benefited by the optimal functioning of the others.

With this in mind, my opening post is going rest solely on the following:

There is no such thing as the one magic solution that will finally align all the components of your life and miraculously allow you to enjoy each element of your life.  The fact is, each of us is responsible for finding all the constituents for healthy living ourselves.  We do this by learning about sound principles of health and wellness, principles built on the simplicity of life, our bodies and our inners selves.  In short we are leading a great search for "The Right Stuff".  The difficulties we come across in finding the quality we seek is typically from the over complication of concepts that are truly simple.

So, the first element of the right stuff is going to be: Come to rest on the fact that health and wellness in all its aspects is going to be achieved by the consistent lifelong application of sound habits, ultimately culminating in your behalf.  That is going to require us to act in faith.  You are going to have to believe that to be true.  None of us have the option to live a life poorly and then try again a second time to see if living better makes a difference.  You'll just have to take my word for it if you don't believe that already.

So there you have it!  That is what we are going to try and nail down.  The simple truths of how to be human and how to consistently if not persistently put those truths into practice.  My promise is simple, practice good solid habits and your life will respond.  Now to be true to my word in striving to keep it short, I'm done.  Let's see just how great life can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your polite questions and comments.